logo

madden 15 tips madden 15 cheats
Register!
madden cheats madden tips

Go Back   Madden 15 Tips - Strategies, cheats, and hints for Madden 15 > Madden 15 Forums > Madden NFL 15 News & General Info

Notices

Madden NFL 15 News & General Info News, features, ratings, & all else related to Madden NFL 15.

Old 11-04-07, 07:34 PM   #1
Stevematic
All-Madden MG Member

line

Default How do I play against people who lag?

It's frustrating to hand it off to my guy and have the game freeze for a whole second and then have my guy tackled in the backfield or having my QB sacked (or throwing too early) because the controls aren't responding. How does one play against lag?

Update: This is getting ridiculous. For some reason I'll press the button for my receiver as hard as possible and my QB will not throw it.

Last edited by Stevematic; 11-04-07 at 07:49 PM.
Stevematic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-07, 08:31 PM   #2
DEVODYNAMITE 11
H.O.F. MG Member

line

Gamertag: DEVODYNAMITE 11
Send a message via AIM to DEVODYNAMITE 11 Send a message via MSN to DEVODYNAMITE 11

lol, yeah it sucks...but it reminds me of a game i recently played.

He of course is kicking it to the back corners of the endzone and user catchin w/in 10 yards. I couldnt even kick the ball to the endzone, and couldnt even pass b/c my buttons magically didnt work.

this game was on gamer******, i had to quit b/c of bad lag...he said that 1)he knew i was lagging, and he of course he said he was lagging too (so how was he able to kick it to the back of the endzone while i was kicking it to the 15; and how was he able to quickly switch and user catch when i couldnt even pass b/c it took 3 sec for my qb to finally throw that )
2) he then said that the best way to counter the game is to slow it down
- when asked how he did this, he stopped talkin to me right away.

This seems to be the secret....slow the game down...how idk, but good luck figurin it out...the laggin ***got

pretty gay, i lost $5 :'(
basically i have no idea how to combat this , it sucks a nut. jst quit if the game lags a lot
DEVODYNAMITE 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-07, 08:56 PM   #3
Stevematic
All-Madden MG Member

line

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVODYNAMITE 11 View Post
lol, yeah it sucks...but it reminds me of a game i recently played.

He of course is kicking it to the back corners of the endzone and user catchin w/in 10 yards. I couldnt even kick the ball to the endzone, and couldnt even pass b/c my buttons magically didnt work.

this game was on gamer******, i had to quit b/c of bad lag...he said that 1)he knew i was lagging, and he of course he said he was lagging too (so how was he able to kick it to the back of the endzone while i was kicking it to the 15; and how was he able to quickly switch and user catch when i couldnt even pass b/c it took 3 sec for my qb to finally throw that )
2) he then said that the best way to counter the game is to slow it down
- when asked how he did this, he stopped talkin to me right away.

This seems to be the secret....slow the game down...how idk, but good luck figurin it out...the laggin ***got

pretty gay, i lost $5 :'(
basically i have no idea how to combat this , it sucks a nut. jst quit if the game lags a lot

Damn...sorry about you losing $5.

But I was already down 7 - 17 with like 1 minute to go in the 4th and I was like if I quite I'll get a loss and increase my DNF so whatever (even though I'm getting more and more angry with online by the minute), so I just messaged him asking, "How do you play so well with lag?" and he replied with, "wat" then I told him it was hella laggy, and he said something about "running and keeping on d" which I didn't understand...if he meant that he was keeping possession of the ball by running the ball I'd understand because he did run it a lot. The problem was that he also passed a lot and the passes would often be pinpoint. Often times there would be a lag time between when I touched his guy and what I thought would be a tackle would turn out to be him getting away which was pretty lame. I also had to really slow it down even when choosing my plays because if I pressed things to quickly, the play book would keep flipping like crazy.

I'm PRETTY sure I could have beat him or at least put up more of a fight if I didn't get sacked a bajillion times and since he had like a pretty bad W/L record with 44% or so DNF. Whatever though, I suppose that's just one of the things you gotta deal with :-|
Old 11-04-07, 09:20 PM   #4
DEVODYNAMITE 11
H.O.F. MG Member

line

Gamertag: DEVODYNAMITE 11
Send a message via AIM to DEVODYNAMITE 11 Send a message via MSN to DEVODYNAMITE 11

yeah $5 aint too bad, i jst dont get how he slowed things down, when he was j.et packing all game, and still able to kick it to the back of the endzone

i mean if i was even able to get the pass off, i couldnt switch to my receiver much less j.et pack, so idk what he meant by slow down the game. it was hella gay playin in the lag. but o well life goes on.
DEVODYNAMITE 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-07, 10:35 PM   #5
Stevematic
All-Madden MG Member

line

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVODYNAMITE 11 View Post
yeah $5 aint too bad, i jst dont get how he slowed things down, when he was j.et packing all game, and still able to kick it to the back of the endzone

i mean if i was even able to get the pass off, i couldnt switch to my receiver much less j.et pack, so idk what he meant by slow down the game. it was hella gay playin in the lag. but o well life goes on.
OMG dude, that kicking thing happened to me too. He was able to kick it all the way back to my endzone, but when I thought I had full power it would go down to half or something and it would be a short kick. Passing was especially bad when I would accidentally click on to my receiver by accident or too early and he got out of position for the easy pick.
Old 11-05-07, 11:59 AM   #6
ThreeEvils013
All-Madden MG Member

line

Gamertag: HeHeShabutie7

Some people just have a cruddy connection...Mine is soooo smottthhhh! =]
Old 11-05-07, 09:26 PM   #7
Agent Rat Daddy
All-Madden MG Member

line

Gamertag: ThE x ENigMA

well i think people know how to lag the game, but im not sure how it wouldnt lag for him too, cause i was at a buddys house and we were playing, and his friend got on the internet while the game was going on and the game immediatly started lagging, and he got off and it quit. but that's the only thing i know of
Agent Rat Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-07, 01:59 AM   #8
Stevematic
All-Madden MG Member

line

Yeah, honestly I can't see how a guy can play so well in such laggy conditions, but that's just me. I don't think there's a lag glitch...yet in Madden is there?
Old 11-06-07, 09:23 AM   #9
RandyMossIsBeast
D'Qwell go'n make da play

line

Gamertag: n00bpwner360
Send a message via AIM to RandyMossIsBeast

I hate playing laggers. If you want to make your own connection lag though, just like for informational sake...turn on your computer and download something.

I reccomend getting utorrent and downloading something that has a lot of seeders. So your computer is hopefully using up a lot of bandwidth. I have gotten up to 500kbps on a single torrent once...So if you are downloading stuff on your computer on a high speed, then go on xbox live and try to play a game, probably you will lag...just for informational sake...
RandyMossIsBeast is offline   Reply With Quote