logo

madden 15 tips madden 15 cheats madden tips madden 15 glitches madden tips madden 15 guides
Register!
madden cheats madden tips

Go Back   Madden 15 Tips - Strategies, cheats, and hints for Madden 15 > Madden 15 Forums > Madden NFL 15 News & General Info

Notices

Madden NFL 15 News & General Info News, features, ratings, & all else related to Madden NFL 15.

Old 09-19-08, 06:49 PM   #1
sickfreak
Rookie MG Member

line

360 Fantasy Draft

One thing I have noticed with the fantasy draft (franchise mode) is that you either need to put an emphasis on offense or defense. Any ideas as to why you have a very average team if you try to draft for both to be evenly matched against other teams? I have done about 15 fantasy drafts and they all seem to turn out the same way. Either I go offense and get shafted on the defense or vice versa. How in the hell do you get a safe balance? What is the best strategy you all tend to use? Anyone have any ideas as to how the computer drafts?

Another thing are the player icons....if a player doesn't have one but gets progressively better throughout the season, will one appear?

Thanks!
sickfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-08, 08:39 PM   #2
Reypoints
What the problem is

line

Gamertag: ReyPoints11 PSN ID: Moderator
Send a message via AIM to Reypoints

Default Re: Fantasy Draft

I usually do this:
QB
WR
CB
FS
RB
SS
MLB
OLB
TE
WR
DE or DT
K
P
Thats what u usually do to get a balanced team. Sometimes i might do something different.

Click the image to open in full size.
Reypoints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-08, 12:31 AM   #3
808underdog
hidden talent

line

Gamertag: SOLESEEKER808

yeah, act like a GM, who would you pick first to build your franchise around...me personally it depends whose available at my pick, if a top knotch QB is there im taking him, or a RB or beastly Defensive player...then like during the middle say 18th round, 5 straight rounds i draft my OLINE, you need a decent enough OLINE, one draft i ended up with a team that im currently playing franchise mode on, i got Romo/AP/B.Marshall/Calvin Johnson/Cromartie/McGee/Landry/Jon Beason....ended up with a defensive secondary only weak spot im at is my DLINE, lol my best player is Kearse, but he aint no freak no more,lol.

But at the endof it, just have fun wit the draft lol but to me u want balance u take offense then defense every like 2-3 picks
Old 09-20-08, 05:47 AM   #4
Nickle&Dime
Rookie MG Member

line

I did my draft on the 360, and i think it does make a difference how the and who the computer drafts. I got the 28th pick and ended up with a beast of a team, just no wr's. I went, p. willis mlb, s. andrews rg, de, ot, and filled out my lines until round 7, then a safety i traded for landry, hall at cb, bush and mcfadden rb, vince young qb, olsen te, hobbs and duante cb's, and then filled in a gap in my o-line, phillips safety, plugged another d line, took two young outside lb's with good speed, got a decent guard at 83 or 84 to play my center, and picked up scrubby wide receivers,

If you miss out on someone u want pick a person with a decent rating that is asking for little money and plays the same position, they are less likely to want a signing bonus. Package them with a draft pick and trade for who you want. I traded somebody decent for landry, i traded a dt for carrieker at dt, and traded up one of my outside lb's for lawson, lost most of my draft picks but don't need them.

I draft only young players, they advance in stats, want less money, and allow you to trade off your draft picks. Only my corners have been in the league more than a year or two. Watch out for greedy players, sometimes a single overall stat point costs millions.

Build around your strengths, and if your on the 360 guards and defensive ends go fast. You can pick up good rb's, qb's and corners after 7 or 8 rounds. If you want to play one season always take the best available, if your making a dynasty age becomes a prominent stat, along with cost.

The same players will always be free agents no matter how many times you run the draft, mainly because they are old and overpriced or relatively useless.

Look for hester in round 22.

If you want a draft cheat sheet go to gamefaqs.com, but it wont always work out perfectly. It does help to know what rounds the cpu is going to drain a certain posistion.
The best way to balance a team is to invest in your lines, the rest falls into place. Pick at least 4 lineman in your first 8 picks, minimum.
Nickle&Dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-08, 09:18 AM   #5
sickfreak
Rookie MG Member

line

WOW....there is some great info here!!! Thanks for responding!

I drafted Rothlisberger first (QB) then took Steven Jackson...then took Carlson (HOF LB) then 2 WR's, shockey (TE) and then my O-line.....I did take some of the HOF greats like John Hannah and Bruce Matthews....then I drafted defense then took Bush/McFadden.

What is the best way to utilize the training before a game? I am not so sure that the ratings really make that much difference.
sickfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-08, 01:27 AM   #6
Nickle&Dime
Rookie MG Member

line

Here is what sucks about training, it has dissapeared as an option on all four of my franchises after the first season. My rosters are full, but training is still gone.

That being said i dont have any problem with cheating the training to get what i can out of it for that one year. The best way to do this is put in your worst player for the posistion you will be training against and doing the training one player at a time to make sure i can maximize the one season i get. For example, i will take hall out of the starting corner position, put in a bum safety i hired to fill my roster, and the run the hands drill with mcfadden.

There are some stats that do make a difference, the best example is the one i used, hands. I pass to my checkdowns alot, and mcfadden starts out with something like a mid to low 70's in hands. He was dropping one in six passes, i bumped his hands into the low 80's and now he catches almost everything. Maybe one drop in 20. Hands on corners and safeties also makes a noticable difference, and if you have desean jackson or hester on your squad they will benefit too. Besides that I go for accurate QB, brick wall LB's, and my O-line, the last doesnt seem to do much. Some skills go up a lot easier than others, and if you pass to RB's alot its easy to bump up there hands. It takes 5 or 6 points to bump up hands if they are in the 70's, 4 if there in their 60's, while it takes 12 points to bump up brick wall defender on linebackers with 90's in the category.

I hav to wonder about your draft, i've never tried the HOF greats. Do they make it unbalanced? Also try to mix it up with your picks. I try to go defense, offense, d, o, o, d, d, and so on. If you take three or more of either offense or defense in the first ten rounds your going to have serious talent gaps in your team, so if you do try to take a string of players on the other side of the ball.

Also I know its nice to have a great reciever, but anyone with 80+ in the hands catagory and a 95+ speed makes a good reciever. Your probably wont find a 6-4 98 speed 95 catch guy late, but i think picking two WR's in the firste ten picks is a serious waste of picks. I pass about 70% of the time and do fine with sweed, hester, and another rookie. Use bush as your fourth reciever, and use shockey as your fith, or mcfadden or jackson.... that offense is stacked, which is a good thing until you realize you need a d-line and a 3rd corner and a safety.... Pick more linemen early, you will be suprised how easy it is to run, pass, blitz, cover, when your line is dominating. Its tempting to hire allstar running backs and reciever, but focus on the big picture. Even S. Jack needs blockers.
Old 09-21-08, 11:34 AM   #7
kaf1988
86'd

line

depending on your pick, but i think it's always best to build a team around a qb. then get you 2 shutdown corners if you can, then work from there. and depending on your personal skill, draft a better on the side of the ball your weaker on so if your better offensivly, build a stronger defense to pick up where you lack.
my personal order would be qb, db, db, rb, dl, lb, and so on as you prefer. ofcourse depending on whose available, but i wouldnt take a wr in the top 10 or maybe 15, a lot of good lower overall wr's that do just well, limas sweed, deseasn jackson, anthony gonzalez and james hardy are my personal favorites. and i beleive theres a list of the order the cpu drafts players which is very useful to help you.

Last edited by kaf1988; 09-21-08 at 11:41 AM.
kaf1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-08, 02:35 PM   #8
cody2009
All-Pro MG Member

line

Gamertag: Cody2009

ok these people are dumb... u should go deffense first...then on offense u just get rookies and a couple of veterans... and prolly one star player i would go with a wr or rb.. my wr core usually consists of jurevicous- who is big and has good hands and catch in traffic, desean jackson who is gonna be the play maker, malcom kelly who is young and will be good... and pick up a good te... and their is alot of talent with rookie runningbacks...then peyton hillis is a low raiting but very fast and a rookie for a fb.. then pick up some free agents and ull be set
cody2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-08, 07:52 PM   #9
Nickle&Dime
Rookie MG Member

line

Free agents are old and over priced, or suck. They are good for trading, thats it. Corner's in the 8th round do the job, duanta deangelo and hobbs. I've tried shutdown corners like champ, but deangelo fall ends up out preforming them. But whatever works for you.